Wednesday, June 18, 2014
The 2nd Annual Sciences Grad School Fair
@ UMass Boston
is happening this Fall:
All Are Welcome to Attend!
Thursday, October 23, 2014
UMB Campus Center, Ballroom A
Come Meet and Greet
15-20 Summer and Graduate Science Program Representatives from the New England Region
Plus, Lunch will be served!
Thursday, May 29, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Do You Want to Travel, do Research, and get Paid for it Over the Summer? Apply for a Summer Research Internship!
Go to the tab,
"Summer Research Internships" on this blog for listings!
"Summer Research Internships" on this blog for listings!
Most Applications are due by February, so apply Now!
Monday, June 3, 2013
Apply to tour a campus with graduate programs in the biomedical sciences!
If accepted, all expenses to visit are covered.
Visit the University of Colorado Boulder by applying to their campus visit!
Visit Indiana University's campus and learn more about their PhD programs!!! Deadline to apply for this opportunity is September 6!
Apply to Preview the University of Minnesota. Deadline to apply is August 11.
Apply to visit the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Deadline to apply is August 2.
Campus Visit Program @
University of Florida
HBI Visitation Program @
McNair offers a page of listings for
additional campus visitation programs
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
See this Quarterly Update from NIH; upcoming seminars and training opportunities available!
The NIH Office of Intramural Training & Education (OITE) is pleased to send you this quarterly update on training opportunities in the NIH Intramural Research Program. We invite you to explore our opportunities for trainees at all educational levels and hope you will also take advantage of our online career resources, including videocasts on the academic and industry job search process, non-bench careers, the career exploration process and the graduate/professional school application and interview processes. I wanted to be sure you are aware of the following up-coming opportunities:
For Current Grad students and Postdocs
· You’re invited! The NIH Career Symposium happens May 14 from 8:00am to 5:00pm. This event highlights the diversity of career choices available to your generation of biomedical researchers. The event is open to students and postdocs from all universities and colleges. Our keynote speaker is Dr. Alan Leshner from AAAS, and more than 60 PhD scientists in diverse employment sectors will share their career experiences. The day will end with skills sessions to ensure that attendees take home the basics of resumes writing, interviewing, networking, negotiating and more.
· The NIH is searching for outstanding grad students to join our Postdoc programs. Please consider joining us for the NIH National Graduate Student Research Conference, October 6 - 8, 2013 on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland. Students selected to participate spend two days discussing their research through poster sessions, meeting other students from around the U.S., learning about the research being done at NIH, and exploring postdoctoral training opportunities on the NIH campuses. The Conference will be held in conjunction with the NIH Research Festival, which highlights recent significant biomedical advances made at the NIH. For additional details regarding the NIH National Graduate Student Research Conference and directions on applying please go tohttps://www.training.nih.gov/programs/ngsrc.
For Undergrad Students
· The 2013 NIH Graduate & Professional School Fair (July 17, 2013 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on the Bethesda campus of the NIH) provides an opportunity for college students and recent college graduates to meet with representatives of more than 130 graduate and professional school programs from across the country. The Fair will also include workshops on getting to graduate and/or professional school and informational programs on public health, psychology, and master’s degree programs. You are invited, whether you are currently part of an NIH program or not. Registration information will be available later this spring.
· If you are an undergraduate looking to develop additional research skills during a gap year (or two) check out the NIH Postbac IRTA Program and our NIH Academy, a supplement to the NIH postbac program focused on health disparities. Applications are accepted year round, but we recommend that you apply six-nine months prior to the time that you would hope to begin the program NIH postbacs are highly recruited by graduate and professional schools and we provide significant advice and assistance through the decision-making, application, and interview process.
· Dr. Francis Collins is slated to give a seminar and you are invited! Although the seminar will take place in Bethesda, it will be videocast live. Dr. Collins will share his science and a bit about his thoughts on the future of science and career opportunities for students and fellows. Watch our Web site for more information on joining us in person or by video.
The NIH intramural program also welcomes postdoctoral fellows and graduate students through the Graduate Partnerships Program. Current postdoc openings are listed online. Please note that scholars of all nationalities are eligible to come to the NIH as graduate students and postdocs.
In addition to the many archived science career development videos, we will be videocasting a number of workshops live from the Bethesda campus over the summer. See the list below for up-coming videocasts. Please do not hesitate to e-mail me if you have questions about research training opportunities in the NIH Intramural Research Program.
With best wishes on behalf of your friends at the NIH OITE,
Dr. Sharon L. Milgram
Director, NIH OITE
UP-COMING CAREER DEVELOPMENT VIDEOS (Register as a guest if you wish to receive the slides in advance of the presentation).
Graduate School Overview Jun 18, 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Medical School Overview Jun 25, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Creating and Presenting a Dynamic Poster and Poster Preview Jul 11, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
UP-COMING CAREER PANELS (Registration links coming soon!)
Careers in Tech Transfer (Panel discussion) June 17, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Mass General Hospital Institute of Health Professions will be on campus for an Information Session to meet with potential students and explain their graduate programs.
MGH Institute of Health Professions
Thursday, April 18th
Campus Center, 2nd floor, room 2545
MGH Institute of Health Professions is an innovative graduate school with programs in Physical Therapy, and Communication Sciences, Disorders, Speech and Language Pathology, and Nursing. It was founded by the world-renowned Massachusetts General Hospital and operates within Partners HealthCare. As one of the leading health professions graduate schools in Boston, MGH Institute actively recruits students to develop a more diverse and culturally competent workforce.
The Institute is continually striving to meet the growing demands of health care reform; serve the unmet needs of underrepresented groups and prepare the next generation of health care leaders. To meet these goals, MGH Institute is seeking top quality, talented and culturally diverse applicants to our graduate programs.